VMS Participates in E-Verify
We have an exciting opportunity for a project Cost Estimator at VMS. This role requires experience in cost estimating, cost engineering, and/ or project controls. Experience in infrastructure and public utilities construction is highly desirable. We are a fast-growing team committed to bringing value improvements and impeccable project delivery to our clients, and we'd love to hear from you! Candidates should have strong communication skills, be self-motivated, detailed oriented, quality-driven, and team focused. An ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple team members and clients across multiple projects is important to the successful execution of this role.
- Contribute to a multi-discipline engineering team as a cost estimator
- Support VMS team in development of conceptual and detailed engineering and construction estimates
- Conduct quantity and material takeoffs
- Build the Basis of Cost Estimate based on input from users, owners, and the engineering teams
- Conduct market research to understand cost drivers for material and labor
- Establish relationships with clients by participating in workshops, including preparation of defensible data, pertinent questions, and risk-based information to guide team decision-making
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in construction management and/or engineering, with a specific focus on cost estimating
- 2+ years of experience preparing cost estimates and risk assessments through the planning and design phases of the project life cycle
- Demonstrated skills using cost estimating software to produce cost estimates
- Demonstrated skills using risk-based simulation software to prepare quantitative risk assessments and conducting of Monte Carlo simulations
- Demonstrated skills using scheduling tools and software, including Microsoft Project and Primavera P6
- Exposure to various estimating software such as: MCACES-MII, RS Means Online, Blue Beam (or other electronic takeoff software), Timberline, and Eos
- Working knowledge in development of Life Cycle Cost (LCC) estimates to compare long-term economic trade-offs between options and alternatives
- Knowledge of the CSI MasterFormat and UniFormat classifications is preferred
- Must have science-based Bachelors degree in a technical field such as construction management, engineering, economics, finance, or similar
- Masters degree in a technical field such as construction management, project management, engineering, economics, finance, or similar preferred
The preferred job location is in the Puget Sound Region, but actual position is flexible and allows for remote teleworking
Salary rate starts at $75K DOE, 20 days PTO, 9 paid holidays, competitive health plans, paid paternity leave, and 401k match.
VMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. VMS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMS encourages applicants of all ages.
VMS Participates in E-Verify