VMS Participates in E-Verify
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Controls Specialist that will primarily focus on our clients in the New York area. This role requires experience in project controls and project management, cost engineering and/or scheduling. Experience in infrastructure and public utilities construction is highly desirable. If you have 10 or more years of experience in project controls and want to join a fast growing team committed to bringing value improvements and impeccable project delivery to our clients, we'd love to hear from you!
This key role will support VMS activities in the New York area for infrastructure project delivery, project controls and client services (primarily transit, transportation). Candidates should have strong communication skills, be self-motivated, detailed oriented, quality-driven, and team focused. An ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple team members and clients across multiple projects is important to the successful execution of this role.
- Establish long-term client relationships.
- Develop technical scope, budget, and schedules in support of execution of new work orders / task orders for the execution by VMS staff and its partners.
- Assist in the coordination, planning and conducting of workshops and work sessions related to Project Controls efforts for VMS clients.
- Support VMS team efforts in scope, schedule, cost/budget, performance and risk management.
- Provide support in advising clients on estimating, scheduling, and other project control practices and procedures.
- Prepare cost-loaded and resource loaded CPM schedules using Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, and other software specified by VMS clients.
- Prepare detailed milestone-based schedules, staffing schedules, man-hour estimates, and engage in corresponding budget management.
- Conduct schedule updates for contracts, projects, work orders, and task orders at regular intervals and as prescribed by contractual requirements.
- Support VMS team in development of Basis of Estimate and Basis of Schedule documentation.
- Support VMS team in development of conceptual and detailed engineering and construction estimates.
- Support development of Life Cycle Cost (LCC) estimates to compare long-term economic trade-offs between options.
- Support the development and delivery of Project Control group deliverables as requested and directed by VMS management and VMS team members.
- Assist in preparation of work order / task order scope, budget, and schedule development, updates, and revisions.
- Assist in development of timely progress and status reports.
- Review and perform QA/QC functions on project deliverables (i.e., schedules and estimates).
- Assist project teams and communicate between diverse disciplines (engineering design, project control, estimating, scheduling, and project management) for the delivery of designs and related studies.
- 10 years’ experience in infrastructure project delivery, primarily consisting of transit, transportation and/or wastewater.
- BA or BS with a preference toward technical disciplines.
- Strong capabilities in working with teams and other technical disciplines.
- Ability to prepare cost and resource-loaded CPM schedules using Microsoft Project scheduling and Primavera P6 software.
- Certification in Project Management (Project Management Professional) by the Project Management Institute.
- Working knowledge of project control, cost estimating, and scheduling processes.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in infrastructure project delivery.
- Project Scheduling Professional (PSP) certification from the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International.
- Certified Cost Professional (CCP) certification from the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure (preferably in New York and/or Massachusetts)
- Working understanding of wastewater treatment processes and technologies.
- Working understanding of transit/transportation planning, engineering, and construction.
Salary rate is DOE, 20 days PTO/21 days (leap year) & 9 paid holidays, competitive health plans, paid paternity leave, and 401k match.
VMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. VMS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMS encourages applicants of all ages.
VMS Participates in E-Verify